DokkenLogorsz_gunners_upDogtralogorsz_ccc_new_callsrsz_asdlogorsz_sportdoglogologorsz_1dakota_decoysZinkcallsrsz_patternmaster_logorsz_drakewaterfowllogo
Team Chesapeake    TC: PEAKETALK    Main Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Older Dogs & Rescues    1 1//2 year old male
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
1 1//2 year old male Login/Join
 
Picture of chessy1
posted
Rescued a 1 1/2 year old male a couple weeks ago and he needs a home. Very social with people and other dogs Likes birds bumpers etc.
Would make some hunter a great dog with a little work. he is not registered or fixed and was the product of two hunters wanting to breed thier dogs.
Clay


Blue Skies Rags to Riches MH
Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse Sh
and Blue Sky's Lucky Lady Misty MH - she's a Lab
 
Posts: 239 | Location: 23615 S Malloy Prairie Rd. Cheney Wa 99004 | Registered: Fri September 06 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chessy1
posted Hide Post
Dog has been placed


Blue Skies Rags to Riches MH
Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse Sh
and Blue Sky's Lucky Lady Misty MH - she's a Lab
 
Posts: 239 | Location: 23615 S Malloy Prairie Rd. Cheney Wa 99004 | Registered: Fri September 06 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chessy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayton Evans:
Rescued a 1 1/2 year old male a couple weeks ago and he needs a home. Very social with people and other dogs Likes birds bumpers etc.
Would make some hunter a great dog with a little work. he is not registered or fixed and was the product of two hunters wanting to breed thier dogs.
Clay


Got this guys brother in for rescue a couple weeks ago same story same breeder same outcome.
Have started doing ob drills and introduced him to a live clip and he loves them and now the bumper also. Good with other dogs if introduced properly. Contact me if interested is this soon to be great dog.
Clay


Blue Skies Rags to Riches MH
Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse Sh
and Blue Sky's Lucky Lady Misty MH - she's a Lab
 
Posts: 239 | Location: 23615 S Malloy Prairie Rd. Cheney Wa 99004 | Registered: Fri September 06 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like quite a Chessie for the right owner.
 
Posts: 53 | Registered: Sat November 21 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chessy1
posted Hide Post
All the rescues have been placed and I am loving it. Now I can spend more time on my own dogs.
Clay


Blue Skies Rags to Riches MH
Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse Sh
and Blue Sky's Lucky Lady Misty MH - she's a Lab
 
Posts: 239 | Location: 23615 S Malloy Prairie Rd. Cheney Wa 99004 | Registered: Fri September 06 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
Picture of Amy Wernecke
posted Hide Post
Great news!!


-----------------------------------
Ches-Shores Lewis on the Severn, CGC, THD

He's our first and won't be our last!
 
Posts: 347 | Location: Severna Park, MD | Registered: Tue June 21 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great service!
 
Posts: 53 | Registered: Sat November 21 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Molnar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chessy1:
All the rescues have been placed and I am loving it. Now I can spend more time on my own dogs.
Clay


There are takers and there are givers... You are a giver.. THANK YOU for doing such great work !!


 
Posts: 387 | Location: Lutherville,Timonium,Md | Registered: Thu August 29 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chessy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks John. I just love these dogs and they all need thier special place.
Now if we could just get all breeders to tell thier clients if they have trouble with the dog they want it back.
Clay


Blue Skies Rags to Riches MH
Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse Sh
and Blue Sky's Lucky Lady Misty MH - she's a Lab
 
Posts: 239 | Location: 23615 S Malloy Prairie Rd. Cheney Wa 99004 | Registered: Fri September 06 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks John. I just love these dogs and they all need thier special place.
Now if we could just get all breeders to tell thier clients if they have trouble with the dog they want it back.
Clay


Yeah, I second that....just found out an older fellow in Montana, who bought a littermate to my Annie, passed away. His family sent out Christmas cards to everyone with no return address or any other info....I can't reach anyone and have no idea what happened to his dog, a 6 year old brown male Chesapeake who may or may not be neutered! I had no idea the gentlemen was ill, but according to the note that came with the card, he was. We used to communicate all the time, so it was all a total surprise to me. I can only hope the dog got a good home.


Kathy Miller
Sandy Oak Chesapeakes
www.sandyoakcbr.com
 
Posts: 2524 | Location: Sebastopol, CA | Registered: Tue December 04 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Molnar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chessy1:
Thanks John. I just love these dogs and they all need thier special place.
Now if we could just get all breeders to tell thier clients if they have trouble with the dog they want it back.
Clay


I am going to say something here that will be unpopular with some !!!! But I think if you are breeding and putting puppies out year after year.. You should take in and find homes for at least 50% of what you breed.. If you are putting 10/20 puppies on the market you should take in 5/10 rescues per year... Some people just breed and zero thought on anything other then breeding and getting a check.. Yea, I know some/most want good breedings health certs and all that but that just helps themselves in the long run..


 
Posts: 387 | Location: Lutherville,Timonium,Md | Registered: Thu August 29 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Molnar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chessy1:
Thanks John. I just love these dogs and they all need thier special place.
Now if we could just get all breeders to tell thier clients if they have trouble with the dog they want it back.
Clay


BTW Now that I think of it Kile and Laura Knoke said to me before I bought Red " If something happens I will take him back"...


 
Posts: 387 | Location: Lutherville,Timonium,Md | Registered: Thu August 29 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
Picture of Amy Wernecke
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it was in my contract with our breeder that Lewis HAS to go back to her if something (heaven forbid) happens.


-----------------------------------
Ches-Shores Lewis on the Severn, CGC, THD

He's our first and won't be our last!
 
Posts: 347 | Location: Severna Park, MD | Registered: Tue June 21 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
our first chessie we rescued from a person that planned to breed her to make money! Enough said there! thankfully we got her and she never bred. she was a grat dog and we feel in love wiht the breed.
All of our other CBR's were from a breeder that had the policy that if anything happened she would take the dog back. Not only did she stand by that but when one had a kidney problem she paid for the expensive daily medication without us asking nor needed but she insisted.
Our new little girl is from a wonderful couple up in Washington that is new with their program but their policy is the same. Their love and concern for the breed and for their pups was evident from my first conversation. I truly beieve that it shows a true commitment when they have this policy as well as when they want to know how their pups are doing. I am very thankful that Clayton gave us the Higgins referral. They have a true commitment to the overal standards and health of the CBR's. Thanks to their dedication we have a very healthy little girl whom we hope to show but is also my service dog as I have MS. She is doing wonderful in her training for obedience and service work, while her brothers and sisters are doing great in their hunt testing.
I'd like to thank all of you that are the dedicated breeders to the CBR's that work so hard at keeping the breed healthy, watching the lines for genetic issues and truly care about your pups to follow through on them.
 
Posts: 64 | Registered: Wed December 28 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri Glankler:
our first chessie we rescued from a person that planned to breed her to make money! Enough said there! thankfully we got her and she never bred. she was a grat dog and we feel in love wiht the breed.
All of our other CBR's were from a breeder that had the policy that if anything happened she would take the dog back. Not only did she stand by that but when one had a kidney problem she paid for the expensive daily medication without us asking nor needed but she insisted.
Our new little girl is from a wonderful couple up in Washington that is new with their program but their policy is the same. Their love and concern for the breed and for their pups was evident from my first conversation. I truly beieve that it shows a true commitment when they have this policy as well as when they want to know how their pups are doing. I am very thankful that Clayton gave us the Higgins referral. They have a true commitment to the overal standards and health of the CBR's. Thanks to their dedication we have a very healthy little girl whom we hope to show but is also my service dog as I have MS. She is doing wonderful in her training for obedience and service work, while her brothers and sisters are doing great in their hunt testing.
I'd like to thank all of you that are the dedicated breeders to the CBR's that work so hard at keeping the breed healthy, watching the lines for genetic issues and truly care about your pups to follow through on them.


Sorry about the type o's...I didn't read it before I clicked it...and was going too fast with 'old' ill mannered fingers! :-)'s The long winded point I wanted to make was to thank all of you.
 
Posts: 64 | Registered: Wed December 28 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Team Chesapeake    TC: PEAKETALK    Main Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Older Dogs & Rescues    1 1//2 year old male

© Team Chesapeake:PeakeTalk 2011 Site Owned by Muddy Dawgs LLC